One, Two Punch……for the gut
Why should we care about our gut health and what is the function of our microbiome or otherwise known as 'The Garden'? We should care because it is the home of 100 trillion microorganisms, that’s a lot and the gut’s primary function is the digestion, absorption of nutrients and the excretion of waste. In addition, the gut is packed with nerve endings that communicate with the brain. Studies have suggested a link between gut bacteria and disorders of the central nervous system (anxiety, depression, and autism spectrum disorder). In addition, seventy percent of the body’s immune system resides in the digestive track.
How does this relate to weight loss? Our gut should use 10-15% of the calories we consume. For every 100 calories consumed a healthy gut will use 10-15 of those calories, over time that adds up.
How would I know if my gut is not functioning optimally?
- Bloating and other digestive issues such as constipation and diarrhea
- Food Cravings
- Trouble losing weight
- Moodiness, anxiety and depression
- Immune Issues (autoimmunity, allergies)
- Skin problems
What causes an imbalance of good bacteria and bad bacteria in my Garden? The microbiome consists of both healthy and unhealthy microbes in the intestine and this may contribute to weight gain, high blood sugar and other disorders.
BUT what is causing it? There is a variety of reasons, poor diet, eating processed foods, sugar, antibiotics (they kill both the bad and good bacteria and cannot differentiate), lack of regular physical activity, not getting enough sleep, and stress all may contribute.
What can I do, what’s a solution?
Lifestyle changes will help such as changing your diet by reducing your intake of processed foods and sugar, eating more plants (vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds), exercising, reducing your stress and getting enough rest.
Well, that doesn’t sound realistic, is there a supplement or anything else I can do?
In our modern world, we do have modern solutions, at Zelo we call it the “One, Two Punch.” We recommend
- GI Microb-X supplement to weed out the garden of your gut, this supplement has a blend of botanicals to support a healthy microbial balance in the GI tract, each ingredient has a long history of use for supporting healthy gut flora. In order to achieve a healthy garden, we must pull the weeds. This formula is a must-have for clients who have struggled with Irritable bowel, or feeling like something is not quite right in the middle.
- The next supplement is our GI-Revive, a must for anyone who has wondered if they have "leaky gut". This product soothes and seals the internal tubing; especially useful for that raw, irritated or bloated feeling that can be felt after eating. The peach flavor is delicious, or can be ordered in capsules for convenience. Soothing the inflammation in your gut can have many, many positive benefits- from improved immunity, to hormone balancing, to appetite support. The benefits include:
- Promotes proper intestinal ability (appropriate for “Leaky Gut”)
- many positive actions in one product: anti-inflammatory, immunity support and metabolic healing
- Provides healing for ulceration and inflammation
- Promotes regularity and healthy bowel function
“I’ve been bloated for at least 6-months and have been extremely uncomfortable and fatigued. I started with GI Microb-X, and now using GI-Revive my belly actually stays flat ALL DAY!! I attribute my flat belly to the One, Two Punch formula.” ~Donna
How do I get these supplements? Zelo has a limited supply on hand, call to reserve yours today. They are our featured supplements of the month, and when purchased together, qualify for an extra 10% savings.
Written by: Dawn Pullin, Dr. Julia Stevens